HollywoodNews.com: Jennifer Lawrence is going to be a role model for many young girls as ‘Hunger Games’ is about to be released, and it sounds like she will be ready to take on that role.
Lawrence recently opened up to ‘Seventeen’ about wanting to help young girls with their body image issues that have been going on for years now, states UsMagazine.com. “I think it’s really important for girls to have people to look up to and to feel good about themselves,” Lawrence commented.
And this is pretty much how she has always felt: “I remember when I was 13 and it was cool to pretend to have an eating disorder because there were rumors that Lindsay Lohan and Nicole Richie were anorexic. I thought it was crazy. I went home and told my mom, ‘Nobody’s eating bread — I just had to finish everyone’s burgers.’”
Do you think she’ll be a good role model?
Follow Hollywood News on Twitter for up-to-date news information.
- Jennifer Lawrence has no interest in changing her body (filmworldnews.wordpress.com)
- Jennifer Lawrence Too Fat For Hunger Games By Critics “Toxic” Says Psychologists (inquisitr.com)
- Jennifer Lawrence responds to ‘fat’ criticism (popbytes.com)
- ‘Hunger Games’ Jennifer Lawrence Fights Fat Rumors (celebs.gather.com)
- 2011 Oscars: Jennifer Lawrence (fabsugar.com)
- Unretouched Jennifer Lawrence Outtakes Make Us Hungry For More [34 PHOTOS] (coedmagazine.com)
- Jennifer Lawrence Dishes on Her Sexy Hunger Games Costars (people.com)
- Jennifer Lawrence Talks Hunger Games, Anorexic Stars in Seventeen (shoppingblog.com)
- Video: Jennifer Lawrence Talks Her Role Model Status on Hunger Games Red Carpet (popsugar.com)
- Jennifer Lawrence Plays It Cool For Asos (fabsugar.com)