Just as we told you yesterday with their apparent acquisition of Ron Howard’s extremely expensive adaptation of The Dark Tower (possibly the most ambitious motion picture idea since Peter Jackson convinced financiers to make his vision for three Lord of the Rings movies in the late 90s), Warner Bros have huge cash reserves from the ending Chris Nolan Batman saga and the Harry Potter film franchise that they want to churn into new profitable franchises.
This should be a good note to anyone in the industry right now – if you have a spec script or film idea to pitch that is a bit risky or unusual but has the potential for a franchise, take it to Warner Bros.
The Hollywood Reporter are breaking the news that Warner Bros have plans to bring the vintage pulp comic ‘Mandrake the Magician’ to the big screen.
Created by Lee Falk way »
- Warner Bros To Conjure Up ‘Mandrake The Magician’ (filmworldnews.wordpress.com)
- Film: Newswire: Warner Bros. to try making a Mandrake The Magician movie (avclub.com)
- Warner Bros. Plans to Hypnotize Audiences With ‘Mandrake the Magician’ (slashfilm.com)
- MANDRAKE THE MAGICIAN Movie Coming From Warner Bros. (geektyrant.com)
- Mandrake the Magician… The Movie? Warner Bros Acquires Film Rights (comicsalliance.com)
- Film: Newswire: Warner Bros. may pick up The Dark Tower (avclub.com)
- WB, Atlas prep ‘Mandrake the Magician’ (variety.com)
- Warner Brothers Planning Film for Early Superhero MANDRAKE THE MAGICIAN (collider.com)
- THE DARK TOWER Trilogy to End up at Warner Bros!? (geektyrant.com)